INSULTED OR INTIMIDATED

1 Peter 2:20-23
20 But what credit is there if you are patient when beaten for doing wrong? But if you are patient when you suffer for doing what is good, this is a grace before God.
21 For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his footsteps.
22 "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth."
23 When he was insulted, he returned no insult; when he suffered, he did not threaten; instead, he handed himself over to the one who judges justly.

Psalm 3
1 How many are my foes, LORD! How many rise against me!
2 How many say of me, "God will not save that one."
3 But you, LORD, are a shield around me; my glory, you keep my head high.
4 Whenever I cried out to the LORD, I was answered from the holy mountain.
5 Whenever I lay down and slept, the LORD preserved me to rise again.
6 I do not fear, then, thousands of people arrayed against me on every side.
7 Arise, LORD! Save me, my God! You will shatter the jaws of all my foes; you will break the teeth of the wicked.
8 Safety comes from the LORD! Your blessing for your people!

Psalm 55:20-22
20 God, who sits enthroned forever, will hear me and humble them. For they will not mend their ways; they have no fear of God.
21 They strike out at friends and go back on their promises.
22 Softer than butter is their speech, but war is in their hearts. Smoother than oil are their words, but they are unsheathed swords.