FAR FROM GOD

James 4:8
8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you of two minds.

Psalm 42:5-11
5 Those times I recall as I pour out my soul, When I went in procession with the crowd, I went with them to the house of God, Amid loud cries of thanksgiving, with the multitude keeping festival.
6 Why are you downcast, my soul; why do you groan within me? Wait for God, whom I shall praise again, my savior and my God.
7 My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you From the land of the Jordan and Hermon, from the land of Mount Mizar.
8 Here deep calls to deep in the roar of your torrents. All your waves and breakers sweep over me.
9 At dawn may the LORD bestow faithful love that I may sing praise through the night, praise to the God of my life.
10 I say to God, "My rock, why do you forget me? Why must I go about mourning with the enemy oppressing me?"
11 It shatters my bones, when my adversaries reproach me. They say to me daily: "Where is your God?"

Psalm 139:1-18
1 O LORD, you have probed me, you know me:
2 you know when I sit and stand; you understand my thoughts from afar.
3 My travels and my rest you mark; with all my ways you are familiar.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue, LORD, you know it all.
5 Behind and before you encircle me and rest your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is beyond me, far too lofty for me to reach.
7 Where can I hide from your spirit? From your presence, where can I flee?
8 If I ascend to the heavens, you are there; if I lie down in Sheol, you are there too.
9 If I fly with the wings of dawn and alight beyond the sea,
10 Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely darkness shall hide me, and night shall be my light" --
12 Darkness is not dark for you, and night shines as the day. Darkness and light are but one.
13 You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works! My very self you knew;
15 my bones were not hidden from you, When I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came to be.
17 How precious to me are your designs, O God; how vast the sum of them!
18 Were I to count, they would outnumber the sands; to finish, I would need eternity.

Psalm 145:18
18 You, LORD, are near to all who call upon you, to all who call upon you in truth.

Psalm 107:4-9
4 Some had lost their way in a barren desert; found no path toward a city to live in.
5 They were hungry and thirsty; their life was ebbing away.
6 In their distress they cried to the LORD, who rescued them in their peril,
7 Guided them by a direct path so they reached a city to live in.
8 Let them thank the LORD for such kindness, such wondrous deeds for mere mortals.
9 For he satisfied the thirsty, filled the hungry with good things.

Luke 19:10
10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save what was lost."